Partnerships that drive progress
Collaboration through digitalisation can help deliver a more streamlined, faster, and cost-effective home buying and selling process. Propertymark is committed to working in partnership with the sector to find solutions that bring about positive change for consumers, agents, and wider society.
This strategic work programme reflects the DPMSG’s vision that collaboration, innovation, and a focus on emerging digital technologies will build on existing progress across the home buying and selling system to get a better result for the customer: simpler, faster, more certain and less stressful.
Ambitions for the Group’s first year
Key aspects of the work include developing an action list to remove paper-based processes and see rapid adoption of digital ID and secure e-signatures; a research and development roadmap; and a charter detailing roles and responsibilities across the sector to generate up front information.
The DPMSG will publish an annual report in 2024 to coincide with the anniversary of the 2023 launch event which will outline progress, the digital health of the property ecosystem, and its future direction.
DPMSG is also working closely with the Department for Levelling Up Housing and Communities (DLUHC) to understand how it can support future home buying and selling policy and collaborate with DLUHC’s new Proptech Steering Board. It will continue to be proactive in engaging stakeholders across the sector, broadening networks and diversifying the skillset.
The roadmap is underpinned by five key objectives:
- No surprises and no delays: upfront information means there are no surprises after the buying decision and no waiting for searches
- Transparency and innovation: sharing information using an open protocol allows everyone to see what is happening in a transaction and support innovative new consumer-friendly digital services
- Convenient and secure: using digital ID checks (just once) and e-signatures makes the process easier and more secure
- Always improving: collaborative research across users and the PropTech sector will accelerate the use of emerging technology such as Artificial Intelligence
- Open and collaborative: we will work in the open, publishing research, the programme of activities and an annual summary of progress